available contracts? have they dried up?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

melscott

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:07 am
wow, earning money for doing nothing? yes please! is there a catch though?

gosh i didn't realise that the US had recruitment problems too. thought it was just over here. i was thinking of going to NYC to do nursing for a bit but if there are not enough jobs i will have to look elsewhere.

any advice on where to go?

peachy13rn

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:14 pm
Lack of contracts
No, there isn't much out there on the west coast area. I did my last contract at the end of December in the Seattle area, and I am still looking for something. The economy is affecting even the nurses. I did talk to a local travel agency (Local, meaning in Seattle), and he told me that generally December & January months are slower, but that the economy is causing a downward spiral. He seems to think it will pick up soon because trauma season will start. I hear California is still open for jobs to some degree. Don't go to the east coast.....I'm from Georgia and the east coast pays some of the lowest (like southeastern.)

lindabrn

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 08:18 am
Not much on the East coast either. Had a recruiter call me yesterday and ask if I'm working. Haven't worked for 10 weeks. She said it's like that everywhere. I start a staff job Monday. I had no clue it would be so difficult to secure a job. The new grads are finding it impossible to find jobs too. My friends who are staff had no idea it is bad for nurses. Phila area is glutted with nurses. Most of the premeir hospitals are requiring BSN's, and certs for entry level jobs.

toreylynn78

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:55 pm
Peachy....

I just took a perm job in Portland but I know there are jobs in Gig Harbor & Tacoma. The day after I accepted my job, my recruiter called to say she found some jobs to submit me to in the Seattle area.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 11:16:59