Assignment Time-Call me!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Assignment Time-Call me!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

RNSC

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 11:56 pm
Assignment Time-Call me!
I'm looking for a travel assignment. Any recommendations or recruiters/travel agencies out there?

RNML @ OCSII. NET

peachy13rn

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:45 pm
I have been with Innovative Placements Inc, and was happy with them. I took my last contract with Cirrus Medical and was not that happy,...the company may be good, but my recruiter was mediocre. She was a poor communicator....she didn't feel it was her job to set up my interview or to find out the specifics of my shift, etc. She guaranteed me 40 hrs a week ( I even have the printed contract to prove it); but yet when I started my job, it was only 30 hours one week and 40 the next. I just finished the contract about 3 weeks ago, and not once has she contacted me about what I would like to do for my next assignment. I don't think she handled the fact that I was very direct about what I needed; but I"m tired of these travel companies thinking that I just feel off the truck yesterday. Some of the companies will try to pull you in, make you sign up before they tell you everything, and then you're screwed before you know all the facts. So watch out for those kind of things.

RNSC

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:30 pm
Thanks! Would you care to share your recruiter's name that you like? If you do, tell them if I said Peachy referred me and they find me work that you get the referral fee!

joeRN

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 10:06 am
peachy13rn -- I hope you're not with that same travel company anymore. That recruiter sounds awful...lazy and doesn't follow through. I can't stand that in a recruiter...I've had my fair share of terrible ones before I started working with Access Nurses. I've been traveling with them for years and my recruiter is seriously THE BEST (her name is Jessica in case you want a good referral).

RNSC -- whichever company you decide to go with...just be sure to read your contract thoroughly and be honest about what you want out of an assignment. The best recruiters will listen to what you need and work to find it for you. Just some advice from a veteran traveler.

RNSC

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:19 pm
Here's a thought: If you like your company and recruiter enough to refer them, post a note here and then give them my email address and ask them to contact me, maybe you'll get a referral fee.

I'm sure there are plenty of spammers slithering around on these pages, so tell your recruiter to contact me ASAP before SPAM gets so bad I have to cancel this email account.

RNML at ocsii dot net

nursenikkki

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:26 pm
Mary Beth with Access Nurses is great. If I can't get her on the phone, I drop her an email and the longest I've waited for a reply is usually one hour. I have emailed her with questions before and had a response within 5 minutes! She is great, and always pulling for me!

RNSC

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:58 pm
Thanks! Ask them to contact me if you want to refer them.

RNSC

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:18 am
Here's a question: To get a reciprocal license in CA requires that my nursing school be accredited (it is) and that I meet ALL course requirements.

However, multiple attempts to contact the CA nursing board and browsing their web site has resulted in no information of exactly what those course requirements might be.

I've been told many times it is a "walk-through" state, and that's nice, but I am extremely reluctant to drive from coast-to-coast only then to find out I need a course in basket weaving 101.

If anyone knows of a web site or an email address where I could find the authoritative reference I would be very appreciative if you would share it with me.

TIA!

RNSC

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 08:35 am
Please share your travel tips on housing if you take the stipend.

How do you find suitable housing in a new city in a short time? Do you arrive and stay in a hotel and search for a few days? Do you use some guide? What do you do before you accept the assignment? Before you arrive in the city? How many days do you arrive before assignment start to allow for search? What contract details are important with agency? With rental?

What advice would you share?

TIA!

81nurse

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:07 pm
RNSC wrote:
Here's a question: To get a reciprocal license in CA requires that my nursing school be accredited (it is) and that I meet ALL course requirements.

However, multiple attempts to contact the CA nursing board and browsing their web site has resulted in no information of exactly what those course requirements might be.

I've been told many times it is a "walk-through" state, and that's nice, but I am extremely reluctant to drive from coast-to-coast only then to find out I need a course in basket weaving 101.

If anyone knows of a web site or an email address where I could find the authoritative reference I would be very appreciative if you would share it with me.

TIA!
I think that you should be fine as long as your school is accredited. I did the walk through process when I came to California in September and they didn't require anything from my school for my TEMPORARY license that lasts for 6 months. They only had to verify that I am board registered in my home state. However, to get your PERMENANT license, they require transcripts within a certain time frame from your school. I hope this helps. It really wasn't too much of a hassle to walk through. My only recommendation is to get your fingerprints done before you go into the board because I ended up waiting twice because I didn't have my prints done before I went in!

RNSC

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 12:46 pm
Thank you NurseNikki! Mary Beth has contacted me through your referral and I've sent her paperwork to get started.

nursenikkki

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:32 pm
RNSC-yay for you!! did you give her my name? Hopefully you like the way they do things and everything works out! (also in 13 wks will I see a pretty little referral bonus in my bank account!!) Let me know how things work out for you!!

RNSC

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 11:28 pm
Nursenikkki- she contacted me using your name, so she knows by whom I was referred. Thanks!

nursenikkki

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:43 am
RNSC~ Let me know if you get an assignment...I hope things go well for you! Email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Assignment Time-Call me!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:56:25