52 years old- A few good years left....

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » 52 years old- A few good years left....

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:34 pm
52 years old- A few good years left....
I am 52 years old with 32 years experience; most of it in Med-Surg. I also have experience in Amb/Surg, Geriatrics, Ortho, Home care, PACU and currently in Telemetry for 2.5 years.
My husband who is also an RN, but hasn't worked in nsg for about 12 years, plans with me to try out traveling to round out our careers before retirement (but with the current economy, who knows if we will be able to?).
I wish to try many different areas, but prefer no nights and wish 12 hr. days. I don't want to get used and wish to earn near or more than my salary of 44.00/hr. I have my BSN, ACLS, and am Med surg certified.
We have a used RV and also a small place in Palm Bay Fla. we could use for housing.
What would you experienced travellers recommend? Agency wise and area wise?
Please don't pass over this post without responding!!! Thanks

Faithrn

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 11:18 am
If your really up to a challange and want a dramatic change in culture, try the USVI ,St Croix. The pay is good, weather terrific during the winter and a terrific experience. The hospital is not what your used to but is OK. A terrific way to end a career with pizazz! Two agencies are Worldwide Staffing Solutions in NY and Medical Specialties in Florida. Med Specialties requires a 6 month contract but Worldwide does 3 months. Kathy is my recruter and has done a great job for me. Hope this helps. Faith Very Happy

Marylou12

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 08:06 pm
To : Faithrn
Thanks for the tip! What is the requirements for licensure?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » 52 years old- A few good years left....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:31:19