Why cant hours be quaranteed?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Why cant hours be quaranteed?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

BriRN

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 07:16 pm
Why cant hours be quaranteed?
I am trying to start my second travel assignment. I am talking with a company that says I will be working 36 hours /3- 12 hour shifts per week. In the contract it states this but not the words quaranteed hours. I asked for that to be added and was told that this is their standard contract and they can't change it. Why cant they add one or two words to it?? I dont get it.

louise 1

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 03:41 am
I've had guaranteed hours before stated in a contract, it's rare though

neonurse

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:12 am
Re: Why cant hours be quaranteed?
BriRN wrote:
I am trying to start my second travel assignment. I am talking with a company that says I will be working 36 hours /3- 12 hour shifts per week. In the contract it states this but not the words quaranteed hours. I asked for that to be added and was told that this is their standard contract and they can't change it. Why cant they add one or two words to it?? I dont get it.

Well...I've been told that you have to tell the agency to include the term "guaranteed hours". I haven't done any traveling yet...planning on working the strike in Cali on April 1st. I spoke to another travel agency on yesterday about pay though. Told her that I will not work for anything less than $35/hour. I've been nursing too long to not demand a decent hourly rate. We shall see where it goes. LOL They can change the contract to include whatever they want.

NEHuskerRN

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 03:53 am
BriRN wrote:

Each of my 3 contracts have had "guaranteed hours" typed into them. If you want guaranteed, then ask for it...if the agency or hospital is unwilling to type it into the contract, and you want it, then find a new hospital or agency. RE: They work for you, you DO NOT work for them!!! (As a great traveler once told me) Smile Good Luck!!

ganurse

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:49 am
I have been traveling for 3 years to 8 different assignments and with 4 different companies. In that time, I have found (the hard way) that some companies will guarantee hours and some won't.

This has been a sticking point with me and I have left a company we liked very much because they wouldn't guarantee our hours especially when other travelers at the same facility but under different companies had guaranteed hours.

You just have to ask around and make sure it is in your contract. Also, make sure that when you are scheduled to work and the facility "puts you on call" due to low census, if this is considered CANCELLED. Some companies will allow a set number of times or hours that facilities can cancel you before they guarantee your weekly hours...have it understood and clear in your contract.

lachalke

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 10:19 pm
I have traveled with several different companies and my hours are always guarenteed whether it be 36 or 48 hours. If your company doesn't guarentee your hours maybe you should look at a few different companies.

nativeborn

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 11:18 pm
guaranteed hours
I have always had guaranteed hours.

neonmedic

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:33 pm
Guraranteed hours
I've never had a problem getting hours, and in general the hospitals are always asking me to pick up hours.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » Why cant hours be quaranteed?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:12:44