1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » New Grad wants to do travel nursing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JeNn 1

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:54 pm
New Grad wants to do travel nursing
Hello!!

I am going into my 4th year of nursing and Im starting to get anxious about what I am going to do once I graduate. I love to travel and I am very interested in doing travel nursing. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do as a new grad? Can anyone reccomend to me where to begin, it all seems so overwhelming. I need a mentor!! Someone please help me Smile

BJoseph904

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
Hi JeNn,

It depends upon which nursing agency you use. Most require at least one year in whatever area you are going to work in. I would not graduate and go right into travelling. There are quite many things you need to know prior to travelling. Experience is a huge issue.

Joe

eastcoastrn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 10:24 am
That is great advice!! At least one year of experience is needed for your level of confidence. Traveling throws you into different environments so fast you need to be solid on your skills. I do encourage travelling while your young. See the world before you get tied down.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Travel Nursing
  3. » New Grad wants to do travel nursing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 01:46:32