travel nurse vs. independent contract nurse

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TeleNurseboy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 06:09 am
you can be an independent contractor as a nurse. Just like everything else in the hospital there are some hoops you must jump through though.
first need to form a corporation.
second need to get bonded/insured.
third have to do all your own taxes.
fourth have to find a hospital that will work with a small travel nurse company.

of all those things the last is the hardest. especially in places like florida were all the hospitals only want to deal with one company and will not take any other and that company will not do independent contracts either. whoever said that you cant be an independent contractor here doesnt know what they are talking about. what do you think all the travel nurse companies do?

TeleNurseboy

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 06:15 am
also forgot other things you have to do to be a company in a state.
have to have a registered agent for every state you work in.
have to have a buissness liscense for every state you work in.
have to register as a forgein corporation (if its not the main state of the corporation)

boanerges

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 07:23 am
Re: independent contractor
nativeborn wrote:
qccording to the IRS nurses can not be "independent" becasue we have to abide by the hospital rules, not our own. If you have questions contact the IRS or a CPA. It is illegal for a hospital to pay you as an independent contractor

It isn't true. You can be independent. All you're doing is abiding by the hospital's rules. I can do that whether I work for their benefits or not. That is the only difference. I did it for 6 months at an IHS hospital and they are part of the Federal Government.

lucyalmond

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 03:44 am
Hi IVORY2CRUZ,

Aya Healthcare is the best travel nurse agency is a provider of healthcare staffing, servicing over 1,400 healthcare facilities in the United States. I think you will satisfy at their services.

lucyalmond

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 03:44 am
Hi IVORY2CRUZ,

Aya Healthcare is the best travel nurse agency is a provider of healthcare staffing, servicing over 1,400 healthcare facilities in the United States. I think you will satisfy at their services.

carmelite

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 09:44 am
@Mike 1,
Hi Mike, what company to use to sort your taxes and payroll? Is it legal to deem yourself as independent contractor as apparently the hospital make the rules not you? I want to work 3 months every year in San Francisco but dont know if I should be employee or independent contractor ( per diem) for tax purposes or alternatively take a travel contract. However it really irks me that the company take your hard earned cash for doing nothing!!

ShawnaSt

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 06:02 pm
What is a relable travel company for italy?

georgline

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 07:32 pm
Hi........my love;=How are you?
I hope everythings is moving very fine with uu?
I thank God for every happyest moment to uu= that was my good pleaure to inbreast your good word in ur profile/pls...i wil lik to know uu as my future partner and after i saw ur picture which sparnckled my brain and i was inlove with uu beacuse= i saw you as a good real friend/ real love of my heart and responsible person indeed= that is why i really interested to know uu as my future partner.
But iam seriousely about it,beacu your good word in your profile inspired me and i desire it in my mind/ i also addmireed uu=to be my real love beacu i saw it very very good interested to know u more as someone who knows what i want and someone who knows what he/she want in life and i wil lik you to be my fucture date indeed.
My Name is georgline william and iam gentle,kind,caring,giver,loyal,honesty,creative,educated,romatic,God fearing,and also good in anylevel uu will lik,think or want in a Lady in future.
I wil lik to know uu=if uu are interested to know me as i do,4uu =i wil not lik to hot ur mind but i said if has the desirer to make my dream come true.please=i hav already made up my mind to be your real love indeed in future but i wil be looking forward to hear 4uu as my love of my heart and the desire of my soul..........................
i wil lik you to gate me very well as yours lots of love and for our eiaest comunications,iam 4uu at georglinewilliam at yahoo.com........i wil be very very happy to recieve and welcome ur word as my precious Darling.
Urs faithful georgline
Thanks and May
The Good God
Bless Uu.

itsglobalbackerz

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 09:17 pm
Travel nurse may contact lately while independent contract nurse guaranteed serve you all the time ........

DarekM824

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:07 pm
@sn 1,
hello any of this is a great. Travel nurses is a very nice job, cause you will be enjoying traveling and doing your profession at the same time, while staying in one location like independent nurse contractor. For me any of this will be fine...

bdazzledrn2

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 07:40 pm
@Mike 1,
I have been a travel nurse for 6 years and am wondering if you could give me information on how to become an IC? Where do I start? Do I call around to HR departments at hospitals? Thank you. Smile

MitchellFerrel

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 02:38 am
Traveling nurses are good as you can do your job and also travel. You need requirements for becoming a travel nurse are minimum of 1.5 years of clinical experience and 1 year being preferred in one's specialty and license.
On the other side Independent Nurse Contractor works on a contractual basis.
The basic difference B/W an Independent Contractor Nurse and a Travel Nurse is that Independent Contractors Nurse work for themselves and Travel Nurses work for agencies.

MitchellFerrel

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 01:58 am
Everyone here has given a little different- different answers. But all are correct. No one tell anything regarding travel nurse?
Travel nurses usually work thirteen week intervals in one region, and move about the country based on wherever they are required. Because the need for nurses is so high, there are frequently shortages in certain areas, and a travelling nursing will be employed to come in and work in a particular position for a short amount of time.

Sunshine94031

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:23 pm
@Mike 1,
Can you tell me how to go about starting to be an independent contractor nurse and hospitals you have used?

RNtina

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 08:28 pm
@sn 1,
Hi, everyone!
Florida hospitals hire seasonal=contract nurses for $60/hr.
Hospital in Hot Springs, AR, hire RN's on contract for $50/hr plus differentials for weekends and night shifts.
Hope it helps )

RNtina

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 08:53 pm
@nativeborn,
It is NOT illegal. You sign the contract with the hospital, meaning you follow its rules.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:18:08