BBA to ADN or BSN

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » BBA to ADN or BSN

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 03:02 pm
BBA to ADN or BSN
Hello all, I am kinda new to this forum and have been looking for information to clear my decision on whether to get my ADN or BSN. I have previously obtained my bachelors in Business management but have since decided that I want to be in the medical field. My question therefore is: since I already have my bachelors degree although its in another field, do I still need to get a bachelors degree in nursing to be able to advance in this field? I've heard that a BSN is ultimatly needed but I haven't heard anything about those that already have a previous degree in another field. Will someone please assist me with this.

Thanks,
Regina

Ginger Snap

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:26 pm
If you have a Bachelor's degree in another field, take a look at getting a Nursing doctorate. You will still be an RN, but with the advantage of having an advanced degree, which will give you far more options as a nurse.

Many doors will be open to you as either an ADN or BSN, but the most interesting and challenging jobs are often open only to those with a BSN . . .

wqrnma

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 07:33 pm
BBA to BSN
if you are going to go back to school then go all the way. BSN have more opportunities and is one step closer to higher level of education. You may find yourself wishing you had after the fact. Go for it from the beginning.

Wildflower63 1

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:41 pm
There is a discussion similar. I hope this link works!

http://www.nurse-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2143

You have to decide what your own personal goals are. Personally speaking, I have no interest in being DON. My associate degree suits me just fine. I am interested in patient care, with differing areas of nursing. I don't want to be a NP. I want flexibility, not life at work.

Please be more specific about your career goals and we can better advise you.

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » BBA to ADN or BSN
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:31:57