anyone know about scholarship here ?

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » anyone know about scholarship here ?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 12:42 am
anyone know about scholarship here ?
hello there..
here is a little bit information about my self l was Born in Flores island East Nusa Tenggara,Indonesia at the moment l am leaving in Bali island.l have always wanted to do be a docter since l was at high school. However l am from a remote island in Indonesia and from a poor backgound, there was no way for me to afford to become a docter. When I left high school, I left Flores and went to look for work to support my hopes to become a nurse instead. Because of my good grades from high school I was fortunate to recieve a scholarship from a christian nursing college, St Carolus Nusring Academy in Jakarta. St carolus is a very well regarded Nursing School, some say the bestI in Indonesia. I studied for 3 years and recieved a Diploma in Nursing in September 1997.

After graduating I was offered work with Pondok Indah Hospital, again this is one of the best hospitals in Indonesia, and mostly caters for foreigners. I strated in the Ear Nose & Throat clinic for 6 months, before moving to Cardiology clinic (3 months). Then I worked in the Peadeatric clinic (3 months), then moved to the Paedeatcric ward (4 years). During that time I undertook a short course (1 month) for special nursing in paediatric.

In 2001 I registered with the department of health for working overseas. They asked me to take an English course, but I could not afford the fees and studied myself. In 2002 the the director of Nursing from Glen Eagles hospital in Singapore visited the Ministry of Health, and I attended an Interview with her. 1 week later i was suprised to recieve an offer of work in Singapore as an enrolled nurse in Glen Eagles Hospital Singapore. Though the offer was good I had to borrow a large sum to pay the Initial deposit & fee. in Singapore I worked in the VIP wards as an enrolled nurse October 2002 until September 2003. In October 2003 I returned to Indonesia because my mother is not well, and asked me to return to Indonesia. I have been here since and have married with one daughter (5 months old). l would like to know your Program and to apply to have a scholarship in online degree program..l would like to continue study to Nursing Degree or Children Psichology.please inform me if you know about a sponsor so l can continue my study,l really appreciated for your help.

All The Best

Helminadia

POBOX 3560 Denpasar - Bali indonesia

1. Nurse Forum
  2. » Nursing Talk
  3. » anyone know about scholarship here ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:58:43