The 2011-2 a2k design feedback thread

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:20 pm
@ossobuco,
osso -- top and bottom are available by little green triangles in the upper and lower right hand corners of the screen.

georgeob1

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:22 pm
I'm not keen on the new font. Others may disagree though.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:23 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Nick Ashley wrote:

I am working through bugs as I can, thanks for your patience.

I just pushed a bugfix live that should fix the bbcode editor. Let me know if you still have problems with this.

BBCode editor working in Groups as of this minute.

Testing emoticons Shocked Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Wink Smile

Cycloptichorn

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:24 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I expect that I'll miss the quick way to go to the top and bottom instead of scrolling.

still there, little green up and down arrows (triangles), upper and lower right

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
emoticons work in forums

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:26 pm
@georgeob1,
I've been having trouble with the A2K fonts for several days but no one else seems to see it. Here's a thread I started about it and the working solution I found for myself:

http://able2know.org/topic/167551-1

I use Firefox 3.6.13 and Windows XP.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
Your problem predates any changes on-site, and I think it's just CTRL 0 to fix.

But I think there may be a font issue with certain browser/OS combos that this update may have introduced.

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:33 pm
Has this already been posted?

No BBCodes available in the edit window.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Nick Ashley wrote:

I am working through bugs as I can, thanks for your patience.

I just pushed a bugfix live that should fix the bbcode editor. Let me know if you still have problems with this.

BBCode editor working in Groups as of this minute.

Testing emoticons Shocked Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Wink Smile

Cycloptichorn

These emoticons displayed when I first posted, but on refresh they did not.

Shocked Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Wink Smile

Cycloptichorn

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I like the cleaner looks, but navigation seems a little awkward at the begging. Probably will get accustomed to this new design that was damaged by that farming accident. he he he...

Thanks for keeping up with the design improvements. The "2" in able?know should be redesiged to show a real 2 with a dot below it. Incidental stuff at best.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:35 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Has this already been posted?

No BBCodes available in the edit window.

In forums - in Groups they do seem to be there for me in the edit window.

Just tested.

Cycloptichorn

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, on the arrows that I just found near the scroll bar, I'd appreciate the lower one being higher up, perhaps in the upper corner of the bottom 'banner'.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:38 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Oh, on the arrows that I just found near the scroll bar, I'd appreciate the lower one being higher up, perhaps in the upper corner of the bottom 'banner'.

Those arrows float - they stay in those corners of the screen no matter where you are.

Cycloptichorn

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:39 pm
@ossobuco,
That would not work. The bottom arrow is supposed to be accessible no matter where you are at in scrolling down the screen.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:51 pm
I like the design! It's easier to read (for my eyes at least)...
----

So where does the Nurses Forum come from all of a sudden?

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:53 pm
I'm trying to view the new design from the point of view of a new member. Here are some suggestions for them:

On the Forums homepage, we need something at the top of the screen that lets new members know to scroll down to the bottom of the page to access the my account, profile, preferences links.

Once we have a tutorial or new member group, you'll want to include that in the list of links at the bottom of the page.

Also, will there be any membership time/post quantity restrictions on new members for when they are allowed to join groups?

I would like to request an A2K New Member group that new members can join to read a tutorial, learn and practice how to use A2K.

I would like to request an A2K Tutorial Collaboration Group for creating/editing of New Member tutorials.

We need some navigation instructions at the top of the page so people understand that the Forums and Groups links are two separate navigation systems and that to move between them, they need to first click back to either the Forums or Groups section. People are getting lost trying to access New Posts in the Forums while they are in the Groups system.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:53 pm
I can see that this a2k group has 22 members. Is there a way to see who is part/a member of this group, or any other group for that matter?

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:57 pm
"Show BBCode editor" now shows up on the edit screen in forums but isn't functional.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:59 pm
@JPB,
JPB, what browser and OS are you using?

The BBC code works for me using Firefox.

Edit: testing this and yes, the BBCode editor link works.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:00 pm
I just noticed that the arrow on the bottom moves with scrolling, so forget my last post..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:06:40